The Mill’s third Youth Art Exhibition opened on January 23. Fourteen high schools from Pennsylvania and New Jersey, both public and private, participated. They are Central Bucks East, Central Bucks West, Council Rock North, Council Rock South, Ewing, George School, Hillsborough, Holy Ghost Prep, The Hun School, Hunterdon Central, New Hope-Solebury, The Pennington School, Solebury School and Stuart Country Day School. One hundred and thirteen artists are in the show, with 116 works on display.
Each high school was invited to submit up to seven 2D and 3D student works for the exhibition. Guy Carcia from Ringoes, NJ, an accomplished artist in many media, juried the show for awards. This year, $1,025 in awards were given, thanks to the generous financial support of our 33 show sponsors.
Award winners are:
- Best in Show and 1st place painting – Katarina Stefanik, Hunterdon Central
- 2nd place painting – Vicki Wirkijowski, Central Bucks East
- 3rd place painting – Hannah Bauer, Central Bucks East
- 1st place works on paper – Zhane Smith, Ewing
- 2nd place works on paper – Sara Foisy, Council Rock South
- 3rd place works on paper – Cameron Zubey, Holy Ghost Prep
- 1st place photography – Emma Brigaud, Stuart Country Day School
- 2nd place photography – Stephanie Cajamarca, George School
- 3rd place photography – Kyrie Clemmer, Council Rock North
- 1st place sculpture – Michaela Riggio, The Solebury School
- 2nd place sculpture – Emmy LeFevre, Hunterdon Central
- 3rd place sculpture – Tauylor Kopew, Central Bucks East
- Emily Emesi, Central Bucks West
- Remy DeRoma, Central Bucks West
- Emma Thompson, Hillsborough
- Alvara Aguilar, The Hun School
- Travis Goodman, New Hope-Solebury
- Qu Wei Elvina Bao, The Pennington School
Close to 250 guests visited on the opening weekend. The show will be open February 6-7 and 13-14 from 1-5 p.m. We hope you will stop by and see the outstanding talent of local young artists.