Call for ArtThis year only, enter online...
Accepted Artists Announced
This Year Enter Online!
One of the things we love best about organizing our historic show is meeting the artists in person when they come by to drop off their submissions. Due to Covid-19, we will miss that pleasure in 2020.
But the show must go on. Enter the show online here, on our newly expanded Phillips’ Mill Art Exhibit website. This year only, all submissions will be juried based on the photographs of artwork provided by the artist. As always, the show is open to artists living within a 25-mile radius of the Mill.
PLEASE NOTE – The entry period will be earlier than usual giving us time to create the online show.
Starts Monday, July 20 at 8:00 a.m. and closes Saturday, August 22 at 5:00 p.m. See instructions for entering below.
A list of accepted works will be posted by 9:00 a.m. Wednesday, September 2.
This year we are using Smarter Entry for the art submission and jurying process.
1. Create an account with Smarter Entry.
2. Pay for entering the show. Up to four pieces of artwork may be submitted across the competition categories for one entry fee of $15 (free for Mill members): one Framed piece, one Sculpture, and two for the unframed Portfolio.
- Click “Purchase Competitions”. On the Competition Selection page, check the box for each category you wish to enter. Click continue.
- The one-time entry fee of $15 will appear for the first competition selected. A promocode will automatically be applied to subsequent selections. (You will see a total of $15 at the bottom.) You MUST register for all competitions at the same time.
- Fill in billing and payment information. Check the “I AGREE” box under Waiver of Liability. Click Continue and finalize payment.
3. Follow prompts to submit images of your artwork. You are required to submit an artist statement or bio for Framed and Sculpture categories before submitting your artwork. This can be a Word (.doc), .pdf or .txt file, from one or two sentences to 2000 words. To submit artwork, complete all necessary information. For two dimensional works, the size includes the frame/mat. Framed entry must include the frame in the image. Sculpture entry may include up to 3 views. Portfolio, no frame in the image.
File name and format as follows: artwork-title.jpg (for example starry-night.jpg). SmarterEntry will add your last name to the file name that you provide. Max file size 8MB, smallest allowable size 1500px on one side. Please use the largest file size possible, up to 8 MB so that the Jurors can fully appreciate the details of your work. Smarter Entry will resize the photo as needed for its system.