ATTENTION AREA ARTISTS
The Phillips’ Mill Art Committee is beginning preparations for the 2021 Juried Art Show with the selection of the image that will be used in the Show’s advertising, promotion and public relations including our posters, invitations, advertising, social media and the website. Best of all, the winning artwork will be displayed in the exhibition. In past years, it has often sold. (The artist keeps 60% of the selling price; the Mill takes a 40% commission.) The artist will receive a $400 honorarium. The decision of the committee will be final.
To be considered, the artwork must meet these criteria:
- The artist must reside within 25 miles of Phillips’ Mill.
- All images must be of the Phillips’ Mill.
- All two-dimensional media is acceptable except video, photography, machinemade prints and reproductions.
- Submitted artwork can be no larger than 20” x 24.”
- Artwork must be framed unless it has painted edges.
We ask artists to portray the Mill as the iconic home of Bucks County’s most prestigious juried art show. We encourage those submitting to be as creative as their imagination allows.
RULES FOR SUBMITTING AND JURYING
- Submissions commence on March 1 and end on March 29, 2021.
- Email a high-resolution jpeg of the work (showing the frame) to email@example.com. Provide your name, email address, and phone number.
- Those chosen in a preliminary jurying will be notified by email to drop off their work to Phillips’ Mill on Monday, April 5 at 9:30 am promptly.
- Jurying will take place during the monthly meeting of the full committee.
- Artists whose work is not chosen should pick up their work at 11:00 am, at Phillips’ Mill.
Artists are also urged to attend a Zoom presentation on Sunday, February 7 at 5 pm. Noted local artist Steve Zazenski will converse with Laura Womack about his work, which often features architectural subjects. Zazenski’s painting of Phillips’ Mill was selected for a past Art Show, so viewers will have a chance to ask the presenters questions they may have about the process. This Zoom program is part of the Mill’s series, Art Talk. Click Here to Register.
We look forward to seeing your interpretations and renderings of the Mill. Please understand the decision of the Phillips’ Mill Art Show Committee will be final.
(Please note: the artist who is chosen may also submit to the juried exhibition in September).
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.