The exhibition is June 5th through June 27th, 2010 and will be open to the public beginning on June 6th from 1-5 p.m. Sundays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and 1-9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Pick up all unsold images Sunday, June 27, 5–7 p.m. and Monday, June 28, 5–7 p.m.. Please remember, any image remaining after the close of the show becomes the property of the PMPE.
Theme and Eligibility
“Photography as Art” and “Photographer as Artist.” Since the formation of this exhibition in 1991, this theme has remained constant. We encourage submission of a body of work in any photographic medium from historic to digital in order to best represent your creative expression. Each artist’s photographic images are reviewed by the team of three jurors simultaneously. Following group discussion, images are either selected, not accepted or held out for further consideration. Our experience with jury teams has been that major consideration is given to the body of work revealing expression of the artist’s personal vision. For instance, if the jury is viewing a group of architectural images from one artist, they are able to choose the best image or images from the group.
About the Jurors
This year’s jurors are Charles Callaghan, professional photographer; Chris Meck, professional photographer; and John Woodin, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Photography at The University of the Arts.
Each year the Exhibition features unique works from a wide range of talented sources of all ages, including local artists as well as those from other countries. There is even a separate high school competition. There are no limitations on subject matter or process. We encourage the submission of quality work in any media, involving a photographic process – including black & white, color, and mixed media; in standard, historic, experimental and digital processes.
PMPE 2010 Exhibition Schedule
All Entry Dates
- Receiving shipped framed and digital entries by: Monday, March 8
- Receiving hand-delivered framed entries: Friday, March 12, 5–8 p.m. and Saturday, March 13, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Jury Day: Sunday, March 14
- Mail out jurors decision: Monday, March 15
- Pick up of ALL unaccepted framed entries: Friday,
- March 19, 5–7 p.m. and Saturday, March 20, 12–4 p.m.
- Receiving framed images from accepted digital entries and portfolio images:
- Shipped or hand-delivered by Saturday, May 15, 2–4 p.m.
- Artists’ Bios: Mailed by Saturday, May 22
– Reception for artists and guests: Saturday, June 5, 5–8 p.m.
– Awards ceremony at 6 p.m.
– Show open to the public: Sunday, June 6–27
– Pick up ALL unsold images: Sunday, June 27, 5–7 p.m. & Monday, June 28, 5–7 p.m.
Hours are 1-5 p.m. Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday and 1-9 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
Join us THURSDAY, MARCH 22, from 5-7pm, for the FREE “Meet & Greet” event. We’ll be serving refreshments, and it’s a great opportunity for members to see the show and meet other members as well as some of the exhibitors. PLEASE, think of people who might like to be part of the Phillips’ Mill Community Association. Invite them to join us, and consider becoming members. We’d love to have your energy!
This year’s show features a dazzling array of photo processes used to create truly memorable images—often at surprisingly reasonable prices. This is a juried show, featuring 135 images on display on the upper level in addition to the juried work by high school students on the lower level. The students have four award winners in addition to one scholarship winner in a total of 37 images.
Please join us for what promises to be a great show!