The 93rd Annual Juried Phillips' Mill Art Exhibition Committee invites you to submit an artistic representation of our historic Mill for consideration as our signature image for this year's show. This is a wonderful opportunity to showcase your talent and gain a wider awareness of your work.
The image chosen will be used on posters, ads, invitations, postcards, social media, banners and on the Phillips' Mill website, in short, on all of our marketing, publicity and advertising materials. The winning artist will receive a $400 honorarium, and the artwork will be featured for sale at the show. This is a dynamic opportunity for high visibility of your work, your style and your name within our community of collectors.
Other benefits for the artist chosen will include:
- Promotion of the artwork in ads and press releases
- Promotion in the Mill’s social media
- Promotion of the artist and image on the Mill's ArtTalk program
- Potential for the artist to be profiled in local media
- The winning artist may enter additional artwork in the show
Previous years' images have included whimsical as well as traditional depictions of the Mill and its surroundings. Collages, watercolors, oils and acrylics have all been chosen, so artists should feel free to use their favorite medium, other than photography, to show us their vision of the Mill. In addition, we encourage artists of all cultural backgrounds to submit their work and to consider depicting cultural diversity and heritage in their depiction of the Mill.
A few details you’ll need to know:
- Submissions will be accepted until March 29, 2022.
- Artists must reside within a 25-mile radius of Phillips' Mill Community Association, 2619 River Road, New Hope, PA 18938.
- Email a high-resolution jpeg of your framed work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide the title, size and medium of the piece, as well as your name, address, phone number and email address.
- After a preliminary review of online submissions, finalists will be chosen and notified by email to deliver their work for in-person review at Phillips’ Mill on Monday, April 11, at 9:30 a.m.
- The winning image will be revealed and announced on our website, social media pages, newsletter and other communications.