“Signature Image” - Call for Submissions
DEADLINE: APRIL 7, 2023
Every year the Phillips’ Mill Art Show Committee selects a “signature image” of the Mill to be used on posters, ads, postcards, social media and the website for the upcoming show.
This is a dynamic opportunity for artists to build their visibility among collectors. In the past, many of our signature images have sold. Other benefits include:
- $400 honorarium
- Promotion of the artwork in ads and press releases
- Promotion in the Mill’s social media
- A profile of the artist on the Mill’s website and in its monthly newsletter, The Grist
- Potential for the artist to be profiled in local media
- The selected artist may still enter other artwork in the show
In previous years, the signature image has included whimsical as well as traditional depictions of the Mill and its surroundings. We are encouraging artists to consider themes of diversity and to “think outside of the box.”
Collages, watercolors, oils and acrylics have all been chosen, so artists should feel free to use their favorite medium (other than photography) to show us their vision of our historic Mill.
All images submitted will be reviewed and considered by the Art Committee’s signature image sub-committee. Three finalists will be chosen, and the whole Art Committee will cast their votes for this year’s signature image.
- Online submissions only. Deadline: Friday, April 7, 12 pm
- Submissions must include the following: a high-resolution jpeg of the artwork; the title, size and medium of your artwork; your name, address, email and phone numbers.
- Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those chosen in the preliminary jurying will be notified by email and asked to drop their work off at Phillips’ Mill on Monday, April 10, at 9:30 am.
Questions? Please email Theresa Brumfield at email@example.com.